11.06.2010

Trust in the Lord with all your heart



Isn't this how we all look when trusting in the Lord? Today I want to tug at your ear for just a bit. I would like to encourage some deep thought. I'm sure at some point or another you've heard a bible passage saying:

5Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

Now what I'm going to suggest is that this scripture goes far more into the depths of our soul than we have ever realized. Does the Lord really want us to trust in him for EVERYTHING? I've heard it a dozen times, "trusting doesn't mean being irresponsible", "we can trust the Lord without sitting around waiting for him to fix our troubles". The list goes on and I'm sure I've said things in my life that reflect the same human insecurity that prevents us from totally trusting in and totally leaning on our heavenly Father. Several years ago, the Lord convicted my husband and I to give Him control over our family. So essentially we became what is known as a quiverful family. I cannot begin to describe the blessings that came from trusting in Him for this very important part of life. I may expound on it in another post, on another day, but that's not really what this post is about. As time went on, we found ourselves learning to lean on Jesus like we had never before. Our doubts turned into trust and our fears became challenges. We really believe that we can trust God for everything. And I believed I really was trusting Him, completely. However, He showed me a couple years ago just how much I was NOT.

I was READY for another baby (how selfish do I sound!) and I was not pregnant! As I explained my upset to my husband, he gently reminded me that part of trusting the Lord was trusting the Lord. WHAT? What he meant was that trusting "the Lord with all your heart..." was not just about preventing the blessings until we were ready, but allowing Him to decide when and if we were ready for another blessing. This theory has applied to many areas of our life, not just children. When finding a spouse or finding a job, moving, personal growth, and every provision ever needed.  Every time we've had a need, no sooner did we turn it over to Him, He provided and provided according to His purpose.

28And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

My point: I've been weeping to the Lord, begging Him to take away my symptoms, feeling that there is no reason for this. Pregnancy is a blessing I say, until I became sick, and since then, I have complained, excused bad behavior, and I've denied meeting the needs of my family. Today I am struck at my boldness. How could I, believing in trusting Him for all my needs, assume that I know better than He what is good for me. How can I say I don't need to feel like this. Can I really say there is no purpose? What about learning to give when I have nothing left, so that what I give is of the Lord. Am I really so good at working through adversity, that I need no more practice? and most importantly am I so much better than Jesus that I should avoid suffering for my own sake? Or should I be found faithful in my suffering for my husband and my children's sake, and to all who are watching me, being a light to them, as Jesus is to us.


So for today I want to submit this thought. Have I any need of which the Lord doesn't know? Can I suffer and the Lord turn a deaf ear to my cries? Has the Lord EVER failed me, left me, or proven Himself not trustworthy? For me the answer is no, you have your own answer. I'll leave that for you to ponder. But first I'll leave you with this scripture, the rest of the above passage.

6In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. 7Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. 8It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones. Proverbs 3:6-9

Be blessed abundantly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog. Please be sure to leave your name and dont forget to observe common sense rules in regard to word usage and comments!